Environmental Control Technology (HVAC/R) Professor
Salary: $83,977.00 - $110,717.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time Faculty - Tenure-Track
Job Number: 6301-f-1/24
Closing: 3/1/2024 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Tulare, CA
Department: Industry & Technology
Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. Sequoias Community College District provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career, and technical programs for our students. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, who are dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, and who have a passion for student success.
Sequoias Community College District is seeking candidates who are qualified and equity-minded to fill a full-time, tenure-track position in the Industry and Technology Department beginning August 2024.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and values candidates who have the ability to serve students from diverse academic, cultural, socioeconomic, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as those students who have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Sequoias Community College District seeks to promote and maintain an environment that is built on mutual respect and free from discrimination by employing faculty members who are equity-minded, collegial, and guided by their dedication to helping students achieve their educational goals. Ideal candidates will share the Sequoias Community College Districts' commitment to be knowledgeable about and implement equitable learning and teaching methods appropriate to serve students from all backgrounds, demographics and experiences.
The Environmental Control Technology (HVAC/R) Professor will teach in the following subject areas: Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVAC/R) and Environmental Controls.
Typical courses include instruction in; safety, hand tools and use of instruments, basics of mechanical refrigeration, medium and low temp refrigeration, refrigerants, evacuation, charging, recovery, basic and advanced electricity, single and 3 phase power, motors, controls, control strategies, airflow measurement, use of psychrometrics as a diagnostic tool, gas fired (natural and LP) heating systems, flame control technologies, heat pumps, and National Electrical Code as related to Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Environmental Controls, basic sheet metal fabrication, residential duct system layout and design, air conditioning and refrigeration system installation, technician preparation for HVAC/R certification exams.
Other duties include communicating effectively with students and staff; participating in course and curriculum design, program review, developing, constructing and coordinating the use of instructional aids; working with advisory committees; and otherwise fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required.
Duties may include assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or off campus.
The candidate must meet the following criteria.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related subject area and two years of related, current experience in HVAC/R and Environmental controls; OR
- Associates degree and six years occupational experience in HVAC/R and Environmental Controls; OR
- The equivalent (see note below on how to complete equivalency)
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students which pursuant to Title 5 53022 is a core system competency and job requirement.
Note: If you are lacking the exact degree or experience specified in the minimum qualifications you may apply for Equivalency. For more information about claiming equivalency, please visit the COS HR Website and scroll down to the tab labeled "Equivalency." Your equivalency paperwork must be submitted with your application, by the recruitment deadline. Please submit as a "supplemental attachment" within the "Attachment" section of this application.
The Industry and Technology Department is also looking for evidence of the following:
- Training and practical experience in all aspects of HVAC/R and Environmental Controls;
- Evidence of the ability to involve students in practical applications of instruction as it is related to the industry;
- Certification Member (CM) of the Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES);
- Experience working with students of various ages and cultural, economic and educational backgrounds;
- Teaching/training experience;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and assessment of student learning outcomes;
- Commitment to professional growth;
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
- Strong computer skills;
- Membership in professional HVAC/R organizations;
- Additional licenses and/or certifications including; California Licensed Contractor C20 and/ or C38;
- Certification in the following areas: Air Conditioning, Heat Pumps, Gas Furnace, Air Distribution;
- Ability to incorporate student learning outcome objectives within course and programs and willingness to use and develop stated objectives and measures.
To be considered, applicants must submit ALL of the following required materials before or by the filing deadline:
- Completed online application.
- Equity Narrative (included in the online application)
- Letter of interest which addresses why you are qualified for this position. In this letter we invite applicants to expand on strengths not covered in other parts of the application.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Applicants who have completed college or university course work at an institution outside of the United States that is not a post-secondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the US Department of Education or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents by either NACES or AICE.
- Equivalency documents (If necessary, see above note for more information)
Sequoias Community College District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to prohibiting unlawful discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age (40 and above), religious creed, religion, political belief or affiliation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, mental or physical disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation status, medical condition, military and veteran status, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
College of the Sequoias does not sponsor H-1B Visas
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/4321727/environmental-control-technology-hvac-r-professor
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency