This ad is expired.
Building Mechanic - Drywall/Painting/Plumbing/HVAC
Requisition Number: 51737
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 01-Oct-2023
Housing Facilities Services (HFS) encourages applications for a Building Mechanic - Drywall/Painting/Plumbing/HVAC! This role is a multiple trades focused position dedicated to keeping all aspects of HFS and Dining Facilities buildings in working order. This involves the alteration, maintenance, and repair of a variety of building and mechanical systems, as well as providing on-call assistance to all areas of HFS during evenings and weekends and on emergency on-call basis. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Division of Student Affairs consists of 30 departments that provide student support and services dedicated to helping students become successful, curious, competent individuals during their time at CU Boulder.
The work in Student Affairs supports all factors of the student experience, no matter what department a staff member may work in. This includes where students live, eat, make friends, build professional skills and find help if they need it. Many departments provide involvement opportunities, educational resources and support services to help students find their community and build lifelong skills. Student Affairs also has shared services departments that support the work and staff of our student-facing areas, including areas like assessment, business services, financial planning, human resources, marketing communications and information technology (IT).
With over 800 staff members in the Division of Student Affairs, our diverse team is uniquely positioned to personalize the student experience and advocate for students, enhancing their success inside and outside the classroom.
Housing Facilities Services (HFS) is a comprehensive facility management operation that provides around-the-clock support to over 10,000 residents and 20,000 conference guests annually. Services include maintenance, repair, renovation, project management, capital construction, housekeeping, and grounds-keeping operations. HFS has approximately 190 full-time employees, as well as approximately 80 part-time and student staff, who all strive to give residents the best living experience possible.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Carpentry/General Building Maintenance
- Repair doors, door jambs, windows, cabinets and doors and counter tops.
- Hang new doors including outside, security, and closet doors (bi-fold, accordion, by-pass type) and installing all affiliated hardware (closures, panic bars, locks, hinges).
- Other responsibilities include: minor furniture repairs, repairing drywall damage, painting, and solid surface fabrication and repair.
- Repair or replace garbage disposals, drain wastes and p-traps, unplug tubs, toilets, sinks, garbage disposals, floor drains and main lines using both hand and power auger.
- Maintain and replace faucets, shower valves, shower heads, water stops, ball valves, gate valves.
- Repair, rebuild or replace toilet tank ballcocks, replaces wax ring and handle kits, supply tubes and flappers.
- Assist Plumbers with the installation of water heaters, boilers and other equipment and fixtures.
- Analyze and make repairs on electric appliances (stoves, refrigerators, water heaters) including installation and rewiring of new burners, controls and burner elements, using appropriate wiring diagrams.
- Hang new light fixtures, replace light switch outlets, and ballasts on light fixtures.
- Rebuild and overhaul bathroom fans and furnace motors.
- Install new range hoods and makes needed electrical hook ups.
- Analyze and determine malfunctioning furnaces, fan coil units, air handlers, exhaust fans and boilers, replacing gas valves, limit switches, blower motors, thermocouples and thermostats calibrating all the above.
- Troubleshoot electronic ignition systems, maintain and rebuild all heat and domestic hot water circulating pumps and motors.
- Boarding up broken windows, re-glazing windows, cutting and hanging new mirrors, changing lock cylinders, installing detectors, repairing or replacing curtain rods, towel bars, closet rods.
- Repairing and or replacing window and door screens.
What You Should Know
- This position is considered Essential Services and is 100% on campus.
- This position will operate a University vehicle and requires a Drivers License.
- This position requires a Pre-Placement Physical.
- This position is required to be in an on-call rotation with other plumbers and pipe I trades personnel.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position is $50,000 annually.
- Paid days off: 22 vacation days, 15 sick leave days and 11 holidays per year.
- Access to medical, vision, dental and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- A 10% employer contribution retirement plan.
- EcoPass for free RTD rides.
- Opportunity for career growth within the division of student affairs and the CU Boulder campus!
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be empowered. Be proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education or successful completion of a formalized apprenticeship program will substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by October 1, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Building-Mechanic-Drywall-Painting-Plumbing-HVAC/51737
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency