San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Air Conditioning Mech II (Night)
Job Number: 2023547
Location: San Marcos
Department: Facilities Operations
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full Time
Monthly Salary: $4,308.33
Job Category: Non-Exempt
- Possess EPA Section 608 certification or be able to obtain one within 60 days.
- Experience in HVAC maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Understand mechanical concepts
- Ability to perform basic math & use trade-specific tools
- Three (3) years HVAC experience
- Previous experience in higher education or government
- Ability to read blueprints & schematics and read & interpret technical manuals
- Possess computer skills, including proficiency with e-mail & use of portable electronic device/tablet
- Experience with SAP & AiM
Responsible for maintaining adequate heating and cooling in university buildings.
- Work independently, competently, and communicate professionally and effectively in performing the following and other duties as assigned:
- Check temperature and equipment in buildings assigned by Supervisor or Head A/C Mechanic
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment
- Troubleshoot equipment and controls and repair as needed
- Operate refrigerant recovery equipment and utilize other trade-specific tools, supplies, and equipment effectively and safely.
Additional Information to Applicants:
PLEASE NOTE: This posting is for a night position, 3:00PM to 11:30PM.
Multiple positions are available with various shifts.
Job Open Date: 05/08/2023
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 3:00PM
Normal Work Hours End: 11:30PM
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements., You will be required to electronically attach a resume.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/42602 or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Why work @ Texas State?
Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, youll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency